Hospice named charity of the year
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare has been named as the county’s leading charity of 2019 in the Somerset Business Awards.
The hospice was named Charity Of The Year during the annual Somerset Chamber Of Commerce showcase of the area's finest companies and organisations.
The accolade has been heralded as especially fitting for the hospice this year, as it is celebrating its 30th anniversary.
The hospices's chair of trustees, Judi Driscoll, congratulated all involved in helping it to secure such prestigious recognition.
She said: "The award celebrates the fantastic work of charitable organisations. We all know our care is second to none and our staff and volunteers work tirelessly to achieve this.
You may also want to watch:
"Winning this accolade also recognises not just how much money we raise or spend, but also how we use fundraising and the contribution of volunteers.
"What a great way to mark our 30th anniversary."
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare