Choir event raises £500 for hospice
- Credit: Submitted
A choir had donated £500 to Weston Hospicecare after a ‘fantastic’ concert.
The Eclectic Voices hosted its spring concert earlier this month which attracted more than 100 people to St Nicholas Church in Uphill.
The mixed chamber choir aims to sing a number of musical genres and succeeded when it dazzled the crowd, including the Mayor and Mayoress of Weston, on May 10.
Choir chairman, Charlotte House, was pleased with how well the event went.
She said: "The concert was a fantastic success, attended by more than 100 people who went away most impressed by the quality of the singing for such a new choir.
You may also want to watch:
"Our musical director John Johnson was very proud of us."
The group, which formed in September, rehearses every Thursday night at Priory Community School, in Worle.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
The weekly sessions run from 7.30-9.30pm.
Find out more about the choir by following its page on Facebook.