Choir event raises £500 for hospice
- Credit: Submitted
A choir had donated £500 to Weston Hospicecare after a ‘fantastic’ concert.
The Eclectic Voices hosted its spring concert earlier this month which attracted more than 100 people to St Nicholas Church in Uphill.
The mixed chamber choir aims to sing a number of musical genres and succeeded when it dazzled the crowd, including the Mayor and Mayoress of Weston, on May 10.
Choir chairman, Charlotte House, was pleased with how well the event went.
She said: "The concert was a fantastic success, attended by more than 100 people who went away most impressed by the quality of the singing for such a new choir.
You may also want to watch:
"Our musical director John Johnson was very proud of us."
The group, which formed in September, rehearses every Thursday night at Priory Community School, in Worle.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'
The weekly sessions run from 7.30-9.30pm.
Find out more about the choir by following its page on Facebook.