Choir event raises £500 for hospice
- Credit: Submitted
A choir had donated £500 to Weston Hospicecare after a ‘fantastic’ concert.
The Eclectic Voices hosted its spring concert earlier this month which attracted more than 100 people to St Nicholas Church in Uphill.
The mixed chamber choir aims to sing a number of musical genres and succeeded when it dazzled the crowd, including the Mayor and Mayoress of Weston, on May 10.
Choir chairman, Charlotte House, was pleased with how well the event went.
She said: "The concert was a fantastic success, attended by more than 100 people who went away most impressed by the quality of the singing for such a new choir.
"Our musical director John Johnson was very proud of us."
The group, which formed in September, rehearses every Thursday night at Priory Community School, in Worle.
- 1 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 2 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 3 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 4 Rail workers stage walkout in Weston for better working conditions and job security
- 5 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 6 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
- 7 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 8 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 9 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 10 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
The weekly sessions run from 7.30-9.30pm.
Find out more about the choir by following its page on Facebook.