PHOTOS: Weston Hospicecare’s It’s A Knockout fundraiser a ‘success’
- Credit: Archant
Ten teams tackled a range of challenges for charity at the weekend.
Weston Hospicecare held its inaugural It’s A Hospice Knockout at Clarence Park on Saturday, with the teams testing their physical prowess and mental ingenuity in a range of challenges.
After an action-packed day, the Grand Pier’s team proved strongest over the medley of inflatable obstacles.
Spectators also enjoyed a family fun day in the park, which featured games, stalls and attractions from the Funland At The Tropicana amusement park.
The total raised is yet to be calculated, but event organiser Kelsey Dehaney was ‘really pleased with how it went’.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who took part, everyone who sponsored them, all those who came along on the day, and our volunteers and helpers who worked to make the day such a success.”
- 1 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 2 Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- 3 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 4 Weston boy 'overwhelmed' at heart-warming response to car washing business
- 5 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 6 Primary school welcomes new principal
- 7 Doctors urge patients not to suffer in silence when it comes to their mental health
- 8 May 17: What are the Covid travel rules?
- 9 Travellers set up camp on Weston seafront
- 10 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list