PICTURES: Libraries promote hobbies and skills with events in Weston and Worle
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public were invited to take part in a fun palace event which took place at two libraries.
Weston Library, in Walliscote Road, encouraged people to learn skills and hobbies from 10am to noon on Saturday.
People of all ages were able to enjoy activities such as crafts, photography, a local history group, board games and yoga.
Coding was among one of the many skills youngsters could get involved in, they were taught about coding using a robot at the library.
Worle Library, in Mendip Avenue, also took part in this event at the same time.
They had a holistic therapy group as well as a colour therapy session.
There were plenty of options that the children were given including playing with LEGO, toys and arts and crafts.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
Attendees were served refreshments by library volunteers throughout the event.