Children’s author to give talk at Weston library
- Credit: Submitted
A children’s author will visit a Weston-super-Mare library this month.
Christopher William Hill, from Cornwall, is best-known for his humorous Tales From Schwartzgarten series.
He is also an award-winning playwright and radio dramatist.
During his library visit, he will talk about his writing and where he gets his ideas from.
His visit is part of Word on Tour, a celebration of South West writers and poets, which has already taken place in Cornwall, Devon and Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hill will visit the library at the For All Healthy Living Centre, in Lonsdale Avenue on the Bournville estate, on August 15 at 2pm.
The literacy event is suitable for families.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Tickets for the event are free, and available from www.eventbrite.com by searching for Word on Tour. Alternatively, the library can be contacted directly to book tickets online at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01934 426070.