Lions collect 20 bags of waste during litter-pick
- Credit: Weston Lions Club
Weston Lions Club members picked up their bin bags and litter-pickers and took to Kewstoke last week.
The charitable team were out in force in their high-visability jackets to rid the village’s Toll Road of litter.
The volunteers collected a total of 20 bags of waste which has now been disposed of properly.
A Lions spokesman said: “Weston Lions Club is pleased to continue to be able to help maintain the local environment for the wellbeing of the community.”
The club has previously taken part in the litter picks on Weston’s seafront and the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
Since launching the Cleaner Coastlines campaign last year, the Mercury and Weston Chamber of Commerce has been inviting more people to get out and do their part.
Weston was awarded plastic-free town status in August during the campaign which saw multiple beach cleans, much like the Lions one, take place.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse