Lions collect 20 bags of waste during litter-pick
- Credit: Weston Lions Club
Weston Lions Club members picked up their bin bags and litter-pickers and took to Kewstoke last week.
The charitable team were out in force in their high-visability jackets to rid the village’s Toll Road of litter.
The volunteers collected a total of 20 bags of waste which has now been disposed of properly.
A Lions spokesman said: “Weston Lions Club is pleased to continue to be able to help maintain the local environment for the wellbeing of the community.”
The club has previously taken part in the litter picks on Weston’s seafront and the surrounding area.
Since launching the Cleaner Coastlines campaign last year, the Mercury and Weston Chamber of Commerce has been inviting more people to get out and do their part.
Weston was awarded plastic-free town status in August during the campaign which saw multiple beach cleans, much like the Lions one, take place.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 10 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision