In pictures: Revellers enjoy Weston Lions Club’s Real Ale and Cider Festival
- Credit: Eleanor Young
More than 18,000 pints were poured at Weston-super-Mare Lions Club’s Real Ale and Cider Festival at the weekend – here’s a selection of our favourite pictures from the event…
Weston Lions Club was celebrating 10 years since its beer festival first began, and they had a bigger marquee than ever before to host revellers.
Throughout Friday, Saturday and Sunday beer and cider loves filled the Beach Lawns to support the club, which has raised more than £250,000 at its beer festivals during the past 10 years.
The club uses the funds to split between a range of good causes both in Weston and beyond.
Live music filled the festival this year, with performances from The Disfunctionals, Gracetown and Oli Boorman’s Hovis on the Friday night. On the Saturday there was a 1970s theme, and the Sunday was a more relaxed affair with a Jazz On The Lawn event.
For a full write-up of the event, pick up the Mercury on Thursday.
- 1 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 2 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 3 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on