In pictures: Revellers enjoy Weston Lions Club’s Real Ale and Cider Festival
- Credit: Eleanor Young
More than 18,000 pints were poured at Weston-super-Mare Lions Club’s Real Ale and Cider Festival at the weekend – here’s a selection of our favourite pictures from the event…
Weston Lions Club was celebrating 10 years since its beer festival first began, and they had a bigger marquee than ever before to host revellers.
Throughout Friday, Saturday and Sunday beer and cider loves filled the Beach Lawns to support the club, which has raised more than £250,000 at its beer festivals during the past 10 years.
The club uses the funds to split between a range of good causes both in Weston and beyond.
Live music filled the festival this year, with performances from The Disfunctionals, Gracetown and Oli Boorman’s Hovis on the Friday night. On the Saturday there was a 1970s theme, and the Sunday was a more relaxed affair with a Jazz On The Lawn event.
You may also want to watch:
For a full write-up of the event, pick up the Mercury on Thursday.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown