Weston Lions donate 300 bags of store-bought essentials to foodbank
- Credit: Weston Lions Club
More than 300 bags filled with essential food items have been donated to Weston Foodbank.
Weston Lions members have collected contributions from their neighbours and people in the community, while sticking to social-distancing, through boxes placed outside of their homes.
The club is in its sixth week of the initiative, which has been a ‘resounding success’, resulting in a variety of items donated to the cause.
Weston Lions intends to continue the food box collections each week in support of the Foodbank.
A Lions spokesman said: “It’s been such a great result to have so many locals and neighbours contributing each week.
You may also want to watch:
“We also keep our social media updated with a photo of each drop-off so the members and those who donated can see their efforts.
“A huge thanks to those in the community who have already donated to such a needed cause.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown