Weston Lions donate 300 bags of store-bought essentials to foodbank
- Credit: Weston Lions Club
More than 300 bags filled with essential food items have been donated to Weston Foodbank.
Weston Lions members have collected contributions from their neighbours and people in the community, while sticking to social-distancing, through boxes placed outside of their homes.
The club is in its sixth week of the initiative, which has been a ‘resounding success’, resulting in a variety of items donated to the cause.
Weston Lions intends to continue the food box collections each week in support of the Foodbank.
A Lions spokesman said: “It’s been such a great result to have so many locals and neighbours contributing each week.
You may also want to watch:
“We also keep our social media updated with a photo of each drop-off so the members and those who donated can see their efforts.
“A huge thanks to those in the community who have already donated to such a needed cause.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event