Weston Lions donate 300 bags of store-bought essentials to foodbank
- Credit: Weston Lions Club
More than 300 bags filled with essential food items have been donated to Weston Foodbank.
Weston Lions members have collected contributions from their neighbours and people in the community, while sticking to social-distancing, through boxes placed outside of their homes.
The club is in its sixth week of the initiative, which has been a ‘resounding success’, resulting in a variety of items donated to the cause.
Weston Lions intends to continue the food box collections each week in support of the Foodbank.
A Lions spokesman said: “It’s been such a great result to have so many locals and neighbours contributing each week.
You may also want to watch:
“We also keep our social media updated with a photo of each drop-off so the members and those who donated can see their efforts.
“A huge thanks to those in the community who have already donated to such a needed cause.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab