Magician scoops award in Bristol contest
- Credit: Archant
A talented Weston magician has picked up an award from the society of magic.
Matt Barker wowed judges at the Bristol Society of Magic’s Stage Magician of the Year competition.
Matt battled against seven competitors and scored top marks to win the Darnley Wand award.
The contest is judged by three experts and marked on performance and technicality.
He said: “As a member of the world famous Magic Circle in London and being a full-time performer I am immensely proud of this achievement in my performing career.”
You may also want to watch:
Matt started practising his craft at the age of 10 when he was given his first magic set.
He said: “I started to perform for school friends and when I left college I start to perform at different events.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
“I now perform close up table magic for weddings, birthdays and events and I also perfor my comedy stage magic show for a variety of theatres and events.”