Magician scoops award in Bristol contest
- Credit: Archant
A talented Weston magician has picked up an award from the society of magic.
Matt Barker wowed judges at the Bristol Society of Magic’s Stage Magician of the Year competition.
Matt battled against seven competitors and scored top marks to win the Darnley Wand award.
The contest is judged by three experts and marked on performance and technicality.
He said: “As a member of the world famous Magic Circle in London and being a full-time performer I am immensely proud of this achievement in my performing career.”
Matt started practising his craft at the age of 10 when he was given his first magic set.
He said: “I started to perform for school friends and when I left college I start to perform at different events.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 7 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
“I now perform close up table magic for weddings, birthdays and events and I also perfor my comedy stage magic show for a variety of theatres and events.”