Weston man pays tribute to best friend by fundraising mountain walk
- Credit: Archant
A Weston man trekked to the summit of Snowdon to raise money for charity in memory of his best friend who died last year due to heart complications.
Gavin Hancock, 25, spent three days climbing, as a tribute to his friend Sam, while raising funds for the British Heart Foundation.
He has raised £188 so far through his Go Fund Me page, with support from family and friends.
Gavin said: “Sam was my best friend through my teenage years and young adult life. Communication dropped through long distance and different colleges but when we would catch up often it felt like nothing changed. He certainly brought life and happiness to any occasion.
“I wanted to do my three-day climb in his memory and to raise money to help people like Sam with heart complications – although he never let it stop him from being happy.”
You may also want to watch:
You can still support Gavin by logging on to uk.gofundme.com/f/3-day 039s-of-snowdon-every-trail
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait