Weston man pays tribute to best friend by fundraising mountain walk
- Credit: Archant
A Weston man trekked to the summit of Snowdon to raise money for charity in memory of his best friend who died last year due to heart complications.
Gavin Hancock, 25, spent three days climbing, as a tribute to his friend Sam, while raising funds for the British Heart Foundation.
He has raised £188 so far through his Go Fund Me page, with support from family and friends.
Gavin said: “Sam was my best friend through my teenage years and young adult life. Communication dropped through long distance and different colleges but when we would catch up often it felt like nothing changed. He certainly brought life and happiness to any occasion.
“I wanted to do my three-day climb in his memory and to raise money to help people like Sam with heart complications – although he never let it stop him from being happy.”
You can still support Gavin by logging on to uk.gofundme.com/f/3-day 039s-of-snowdon-every-trail
- 1 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 9 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 10 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5