Weston man pays tribute to best friend by fundraising mountain walk
- Credit: Archant
A Weston man trekked to the summit of Snowdon to raise money for charity in memory of his best friend who died last year due to heart complications.
Gavin Hancock, 25, spent three days climbing, as a tribute to his friend Sam, while raising funds for the British Heart Foundation.
He has raised £188 so far through his Go Fund Me page, with support from family and friends.
Gavin said: “Sam was my best friend through my teenage years and young adult life. Communication dropped through long distance and different colleges but when we would catch up often it felt like nothing changed. He certainly brought life and happiness to any occasion.
“I wanted to do my three-day climb in his memory and to raise money to help people like Sam with heart complications – although he never let it stop him from being happy.”
You may also want to watch:
You can still support Gavin by logging on to uk.gofundme.com/f/3-day 039s-of-snowdon-every-trail
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers