Mayor of Weston holds annual children’s party in museum
- Credit: Archant
More than 70 Weston youngsters enjoyed crafts and games at the mayor’s annual party.
The Mayor and Mayoress of Weston Mike and Margaret Lyall welcomed dozens of children to a party at the town’s museum on Saturday.
Children enjoyed getting arty at a crafts table and trying to win in a traditional game of snakes and ladders.
There was also entertainment from Martin Thomas and food served from Clara’s Café.
The museum lent its soft play toys to the mayor for the event and music filled the main hall for other party games.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lyall said: “We are delighted to be able to us the museum to host our children’s party.
“We very much hope the children enjoyed themselves and had fun making things at the craft table.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
The party is a tradition spanning five years.
For more pictures, visit www.westonmercury.co.uk