Weston mayor throws children’s Christmas party
- Credit: Archant
Children enjoyed crafts, music and a magic show, courtesy of Weston’s mayor.
The mayor and mayoress of Weston, Jos Holder and Roz Willis, put on a free Christmas party for children at St Paul’s Church and more than 80 youngsters attended the festivities.
Members of the Multicultural Friendship Association provided craft tables, Martin Thomas wowed the youngsters with magic tricks and music and St Paul’s Church provided a bouncy castle.
The food and drinks were sponsored by the Co-operative in Severn Road, Tim Lamb from McDonald’s and King Alfred Masonic Lodge also made a donation.
Cllr Holder said: “As town mayor, I was delighted to be able to put on a free party for children. They were entertained for two hours and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank all the people and organisations that helped to make it such a success.”
- 1 RNLI believes return to Birnbeck Island 'the most credible option' for Weston
- 2 Weston town centre to undergo 'facelift' next month
- 3 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 4 Weston woman celebrates 105th birthday
- 5 Parents 'in tears' over Weston school's generous fuel fund
- 6 Weston site to offer more coronavirus tests for people with symptoms
- 7 Housing groups preparing application to build medical centre in village
- 8 Work begins on Weston's £20million broadband investment
- 9 Weston café raising funds to deliver meals to frontline workers
- 10 WSM front teaser 2801