Former mayor of Weston dies
- Credit: Archant
A former mayor of Weston has died.
Mike Lyall spent eight years on Weston Town Council from 2011-19 and four years on North Somerset Council.
Cllr Lyall served as the town’s mayor from 2018-19.
Weston’s mayor, Mark Canniford, said: “Mike was a helpful, conscientious and friendly councillor.
“He and his wife, Margaret were very popular in Weston as mayor and mayoress and supported many people in the town.
You may also want to watch:
“He will be really missed by his friends and colleagues.
“I send my kindest wishes to Margaret, his family and friends which I am sure my councillor and officer colleagues will echo.”
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
Town clerk, Malcolm Nicholson, added: “I can only echo councillor Canniford’s comments.
“For me as clerk, Mike Lyall was always a pleasure to work with, both as a councillor and in his year as Mayor, and I and all the staff will miss him very much.”