Former mayor of Weston dies
- Credit: Archant
A former mayor of Weston has died.
Mike Lyall spent eight years on Weston Town Council from 2011-19 and four years on North Somerset Council.
Cllr Lyall served as the town’s mayor from 2018-19.
Weston’s mayor, Mark Canniford, said: “Mike was a helpful, conscientious and friendly councillor.
“He and his wife, Margaret were very popular in Weston as mayor and mayoress and supported many people in the town.
“He will be really missed by his friends and colleagues.
“I send my kindest wishes to Margaret, his family and friends which I am sure my councillor and officer colleagues will echo.”
- 1 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 4 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 7 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 10 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
Town clerk, Malcolm Nicholson, added: “I can only echo councillor Canniford’s comments.
“For me as clerk, Mike Lyall was always a pleasure to work with, both as a councillor and in his year as Mayor, and I and all the staff will miss him very much.”