Former mayor of Weston dies
- Credit: Archant
A former mayor of Weston has died.
Mike Lyall spent eight years on Weston Town Council from 2011-19 and four years on North Somerset Council.
Cllr Lyall served as the town’s mayor from 2018-19.
Weston’s mayor, Mark Canniford, said: “Mike was a helpful, conscientious and friendly councillor.
“He and his wife, Margaret were very popular in Weston as mayor and mayoress and supported many people in the town.
You may also want to watch:
“He will be really missed by his friends and colleagues.
“I send my kindest wishes to Margaret, his family and friends which I am sure my councillor and officer colleagues will echo.”
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
Town clerk, Malcolm Nicholson, added: “I can only echo councillor Canniford’s comments.
“For me as clerk, Mike Lyall was always a pleasure to work with, both as a councillor and in his year as Mayor, and I and all the staff will miss him very much.”