Former mayor of Weston dies
- Credit: Archant
A former mayor of Weston has died.
Mike Lyall spent eight years on Weston Town Council from 2011-19 and four years on North Somerset Council.
Cllr Lyall served as the town’s mayor from 2018-19.
Weston’s mayor, Mark Canniford, said: “Mike was a helpful, conscientious and friendly councillor.
“He and his wife, Margaret were very popular in Weston as mayor and mayoress and supported many people in the town.
You may also want to watch:
“He will be really missed by his friends and colleagues.
“I send my kindest wishes to Margaret, his family and friends which I am sure my councillor and officer colleagues will echo.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Town clerk, Malcolm Nicholson, added: “I can only echo councillor Canniford’s comments.
“For me as clerk, Mike Lyall was always a pleasure to work with, both as a councillor and in his year as Mayor, and I and all the staff will miss him very much.”