Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- Credit: Marta Dance
Weston's largest all-girls football club has been gifted a mural courtesy of a renowned graffiti artist.
Weston Mendip FC contacted a South West artist called Vanedalism who was helped by a 12-year-old budding artist from Weston, called Ruben.
Marta Dance, Ruben's cousin, is the club's treasurer and was thrilled to hear that he would be helping out with the mural.
She told the Mercury: "He is great at what he does, he will be pleased to work with Vanedalism.
"He has more than 40,000 TikTok followers so its great to raise some awareness for the South West's largest girls-only football club.
"We want to embrace the community and hope that this mural will be the start."
The club has moved into Weston St Johns Football Club's clubhouse, on Coleridge Road, where it has teams of all ages up to senior level.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruse past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 5 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
Chair, Joanne Edgar was also pleased with the artwork.
She said: "I love it - it looks amazing.
"Well done and thank you to both Ruben and Vanedalism."
For more information on Weston Mendip FC, log on to www.westonmendipfc.co.uk