Mass prayer on coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
Weston Mosque held a mass prayer congregation regarding coronavirus.
The prayers took place on Friday and the congregation prayed for the nation and whole community for their safety.
In his summon, Imaam of Weston Mosque, Shammim Ahmed, said: “God tests a nation time to time with some sorts of calamity to see how the nation gets together and deal with it as a nation and community and how they help each other in this difficult time.
“Let us get together as community and help each other.”
Weston Mosque has been working closely with the Foodbank to raise food donations from the Muslim community.
You may also want to watch:
Last week, the town’s Indian restaurant community opened their doors to the most vulnerable and needy.
Group organiser Sayd Ahmed added: “Let us pray to give us the ability to work together and overcome these difficult times ahead.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'