Mass prayer on coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
Weston Mosque held a mass prayer congregation regarding coronavirus.
The prayers took place on Friday and the congregation prayed for the nation and whole community for their safety.
In his summon, Imaam of Weston Mosque, Shammim Ahmed, said: “God tests a nation time to time with some sorts of calamity to see how the nation gets together and deal with it as a nation and community and how they help each other in this difficult time.
“Let us get together as community and help each other.”
Weston Mosque has been working closely with the Foodbank to raise food donations from the Muslim community.
You may also want to watch:
Last week, the town’s Indian restaurant community opened their doors to the most vulnerable and needy.
Group organiser Sayd Ahmed added: “Let us pray to give us the ability to work together and overcome these difficult times ahead.”
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend