Mass prayer on coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
Weston Mosque held a mass prayer congregation regarding coronavirus.
The prayers took place on Friday and the congregation prayed for the nation and whole community for their safety.
In his summon, Imaam of Weston Mosque, Shammim Ahmed, said: “God tests a nation time to time with some sorts of calamity to see how the nation gets together and deal with it as a nation and community and how they help each other in this difficult time.
“Let us get together as community and help each other.”
Weston Mosque has been working closely with the Foodbank to raise food donations from the Muslim community.
You may also want to watch:
Last week, the town’s Indian restaurant community opened their doors to the most vulnerable and needy.
Group organiser Sayd Ahmed added: “Let us pray to give us the ability to work together and overcome these difficult times ahead.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences