Mass prayer on coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
Weston Mosque held a mass prayer congregation regarding coronavirus.
The prayers took place on Friday and the congregation prayed for the nation and whole community for their safety.
In his summon, Imaam of Weston Mosque, Shammim Ahmed, said: “God tests a nation time to time with some sorts of calamity to see how the nation gets together and deal with it as a nation and community and how they help each other in this difficult time.
“Let us get together as community and help each other.”
Weston Mosque has been working closely with the Foodbank to raise food donations from the Muslim community.
Last week, the town’s Indian restaurant community opened their doors to the most vulnerable and needy.
Group organiser Sayd Ahmed added: “Let us pray to give us the ability to work together and overcome these difficult times ahead.”
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 3 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 4 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 5 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 6 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 9 Man who drove to Wales for a HAIRCUT during lockdown in court
- 10 Hospital under pressure due to a shortage of community carers