Weston-super-Mare MP gives thanks to hardworking Royal Mail staff
- Credit: Royal Mail
Weston MP John Penrose visited the town’s Royal Mail delivery office to thank its staff for their hard work over the Christmas season.
The company is experiencing its busiest time of year while its staff sort and deliver millions of Christmas cards and parcels across the country.
Mr Penrose said: “At no other time is the hard work and dedication of postmen and women clearer than during the festive period.
“It was great to meet the team in Weston to thank them for the extraordinary lengths they go to when delivering Christmas parcels and cards to loved ones on time.”
The company’s delivery office manager, Dan Riddle, said: “We are grateful John visited the office and for supporting the team.”
You may also want to watch:
The latest dates to post mail which ensure a Christmas delivery are from today (Thursday) through to Saturday.
For more information, visit www.royalmail.com
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 9 Weston vets wins two awards
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston