Weston-super-Mare MP gives thanks to hardworking Royal Mail staff
- Credit: Royal Mail
Weston MP John Penrose visited the town’s Royal Mail delivery office to thank its staff for their hard work over the Christmas season.
The company is experiencing its busiest time of year while its staff sort and deliver millions of Christmas cards and parcels across the country.
Mr Penrose said: “At no other time is the hard work and dedication of postmen and women clearer than during the festive period.
“It was great to meet the team in Weston to thank them for the extraordinary lengths they go to when delivering Christmas parcels and cards to loved ones on time.”
The company’s delivery office manager, Dan Riddle, said: “We are grateful John visited the office and for supporting the team.”
You may also want to watch:
The latest dates to post mail which ensure a Christmas delivery are from today (Thursday) through to Saturday.
For more information, visit www.royalmail.com
- 1 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 2 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 8 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
- 9 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid