Museum hosts Mother’s Day craft fair
- Credit: Archant
Mums were treated to a fun day out with shopping and crafts at Weston Museum.
The museum, in Burlington Street, put on a Mother’s Day craft fair to give children the chance to pick up gifts for their mums.
It was also a good opportunity for families to spend the day together, browsing the stalls and enjoying some arty activities with Liz Godfrey-Day from Rainbow Sands.
Homemade jewellery, cards, candles and photo frames were just some of the items on sale by local businesses.
Children also followed an Easter-themed trail around the attraction to win a prize.
You may also want to watch:
The museum held a similar event in December, when visitors were able to buy Christmas presents for their loved ones.
The next event taking place at the museum is the monthly quiz night on April 10 at 7.30pm, where teams can show off their knowledge of Weston’s rich history. Entrance is £5 per team.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 8 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston