Students work on display at Stone Age exhibition
- Credit: Sub
Proud parents basked in their children’s talents as their work went on display at a museum.
Students from Walliscote Primary School, presented their work on the Stone Age at a one-off exhibition at Weston Museum, in Burlington Street.
The youngsters took part in arts and crafts themed around the era before showing their work to their waiting parents.
Cave paintings and stories graced the walls of the museum’s activities room for the morning on April 2.
The mayor of Weston, Cllr Mike Lyall opened the exhibition and praised the hard work of the schoolchildren.
You may also want to watch:
At the opening, he said it was a ‘great pleasure’ to be there and was ‘impressed’ by the ‘fantastic’ exhibition he had the ‘joy of opening’.
He also spoke to the children about the importance of helping in the community and urged them to continue with their studies.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple