Students work on display at Stone Age exhibition
- Credit: Sub
Proud parents basked in their children’s talents as their work went on display at a museum.
Students from Walliscote Primary School, presented their work on the Stone Age at a one-off exhibition at Weston Museum, in Burlington Street.
The youngsters took part in arts and crafts themed around the era before showing their work to their waiting parents.
Cave paintings and stories graced the walls of the museum’s activities room for the morning on April 2.
The mayor of Weston, Cllr Mike Lyall opened the exhibition and praised the hard work of the schoolchildren.
You may also want to watch:
At the opening, he said it was a ‘great pleasure’ to be there and was ‘impressed’ by the ‘fantastic’ exhibition he had the ‘joy of opening’.
He also spoke to the children about the importance of helping in the community and urged them to continue with their studies.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 5 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week