Weston named in Top 10 of UK’s most welcoming places
- Credit: Archant
Weston has been named one of the UK’s most welcoming places, according to a survey.
The town was named in the Top 10 of most welcoming towns or cities in the traveller review awards 2020.
The awards were announced by Booking.com, one of the UK's biggest hotel reservation websites.
Awards are given on review scores left by holidaymakers after their experience or stay.
Locations were selected by reviewing the highest share of accommodation winners per location, with an 8.5 rating as the minimum.
You may also want to watch:
Weston came seventh, ahead of Portree on the Isle of Skye and Glastonbury.
Lucy Graham, from the Grand Pier, said: "Hopefully, being named in the Top 10 will put Weston on the map as far as friendly places to stay is concerned.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
"It is a welcome boost to us, and the town as a whole, to get this recognition, which ultimately comes from positive reviews provided by people who have been here."