Weston named in Top 10 of UK’s most welcoming places
- Credit: Archant
Weston has been named one of the UK’s most welcoming places, according to a survey.
The town was named in the Top 10 of most welcoming towns or cities in the traveller review awards 2020.
The awards were announced by Booking.com, one of the UK's biggest hotel reservation websites.
Awards are given on review scores left by holidaymakers after their experience or stay.
Locations were selected by reviewing the highest share of accommodation winners per location, with an 8.5 rating as the minimum.
Weston came seventh, ahead of Portree on the Isle of Skye and Glastonbury.
Lucy Graham, from the Grand Pier, said: "Hopefully, being named in the Top 10 will put Weston on the map as far as friendly places to stay is concerned.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 5 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 7 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 8 Weston street comes together to switch-on Christmas lights
- 9 Consultation to rename the Sovereign Centre begins tomorrow
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
"It is a welcome boost to us, and the town as a whole, to get this recognition, which ultimately comes from positive reviews provided by people who have been here."