Nurse completes skydive for charity in memory of friend
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare nurse raised £650 for a charity close to heart by completing a skydive from 15,000ft.
Karina Carver, aged 56, who works at Annabel House Care Centre, took on the challenge in memory of her school friend Wendy Harris who died from multiple sclerosis (MS) last year.
Karina attended Nailsea School with Wendy and wanted to raise money to help others with the condition.
She said: "I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who sponsored me.
"I managed to raise £615 in total, £115 of which has gone to national MS funds and £500 to the North Somerset MS group.
"Janet Smith is the group leader and runs the exercise classes for people with MS.
"They have specially trained physiotherapists at each session.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 7 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
"Some of the money also goes to the Citizens Advice Bureau, where there are specially trained staff to specifically help people with MS."