Nurse completes skydive for charity in memory of friend
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare nurse raised £650 for a charity close to heart by completing a skydive from 15,000ft.
Karina Carver, aged 56, who works at Annabel House Care Centre, took on the challenge in memory of her school friend Wendy Harris who died from multiple sclerosis (MS) last year.
Karina attended Nailsea School with Wendy and wanted to raise money to help others with the condition.
She said: "I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who sponsored me.
"I managed to raise £615 in total, £115 of which has gone to national MS funds and £500 to the North Somerset MS group.
You may also want to watch:
"Janet Smith is the group leader and runs the exercise classes for people with MS.
"They have specially trained physiotherapists at each session.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
"Some of the money also goes to the Citizens Advice Bureau, where there are specially trained staff to specifically help people with MS."