Nurse completes skydive for charity in memory of friend
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare nurse raised £650 for a charity close to heart by completing a skydive from 15,000ft.
Karina Carver, aged 56, who works at Annabel House Care Centre, took on the challenge in memory of her school friend Wendy Harris who died from multiple sclerosis (MS) last year.
Karina attended Nailsea School with Wendy and wanted to raise money to help others with the condition.
She said: "I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who sponsored me.
"I managed to raise £615 in total, £115 of which has gone to national MS funds and £500 to the North Somerset MS group.
You may also want to watch:
"Janet Smith is the group leader and runs the exercise classes for people with MS.
"They have specially trained physiotherapists at each session.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
"Some of the money also goes to the Citizens Advice Bureau, where there are specially trained staff to specifically help people with MS."