There With You: Weston opticians begin delivery service
- Credit: Optika
An independent optician in Weston has begun to deliver glasses to vulnerable customers during the coronavirus pandemic.
Optika Opticians, in High Street, launched the free delivery initiative for those unable to collect their spectacles in store, due to the lockdown.
Staff at Optika are also available to deliver solutions or contact lenses.
Optometrist and practice founder Alison Harwood said: “The wellbeing of our patients is our highest priority. These measures are about ensuring the health of those in the area is maintained during this period.
“We hope by extending our services beyond our normal capacity will allow our patients to follow Government guidelines of staying at home, whilst retaining peace of mind in their eye health.”
You may also want to watch:
“We hope we can continue to support our community for as long as possible.”
To contact Optika, call 01934 642909.
- 1 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 2 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 4 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 5 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 6 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 10 Thousands to get jabs at Ashton Gate as stadium opens for vaccinations