There With You: Weston opticians begin delivery service
- Credit: Optika
An independent optician in Weston has begun to deliver glasses to vulnerable customers during the coronavirus pandemic.
Optika Opticians, in High Street, launched the free delivery initiative for those unable to collect their spectacles in store, due to the lockdown.
Staff at Optika are also available to deliver solutions or contact lenses.
Optometrist and practice founder Alison Harwood said: “The wellbeing of our patients is our highest priority. These measures are about ensuring the health of those in the area is maintained during this period.
“We hope by extending our services beyond our normal capacity will allow our patients to follow Government guidelines of staying at home, whilst retaining peace of mind in their eye health.”
You may also want to watch:
“We hope we can continue to support our community for as long as possible.”
To contact Optika, call 01934 642909.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 7 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'