Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- Credit: Ade Bowen
The organisers of Weston's Party in the Park event have said that this year's return was its busiest event ever.
Taking place in Ashcombe Park, the weather played nice as nearly 2,000 guests attended the event, free of charge.
Ade Bowen planned the vent and he told the Mercury that he was keen to include as many activities as possible.
Mr Bowen said: "This was the biggest event yet.
"I know that the families attending appreciated something exciting to do in Weston with free entry and as this was the only one this year, we packed as much as we could into it.”
You may also want to watch:
Around 1,900 people attended the Party in the Park, with the most popular attraction being Rory, the 4.5-meter-long T Rex, who led a dance and children games.
Portishead Town Council has plans for two similar events, taking place on Friday (August 6) and August 27 on Lakeside.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Hospitality Day 2021: Weston micropub thriving once again following reopening
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour