Teenager arrested after failing to stop car for police
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was arrested after failing to stop a car for police officers in Weston on Wednesday evening.
Officers attempted to stop a car in Winterstoke Road after they suspected it was being driven without a valid MOT or insurance.
The driver initially failed to pull over for officers but later stopped in Cadet Drive just before 9pm.
A police spokesman said: "Officers attempted to stop a vehicle in Winterstoke Road after records showed it was suspected of being driven without a valid MOT or insurance.
"A search of the immediate area was undertaken and a 17-year-old male was found and arrested on suspicion of aggravated taking of a vehicle without consent and failure to stop when required.
"The male was also arrested on suspicion of theft of fuel."
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 101 and give the reference number 5220041534.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 10 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision