Teenager arrested after failing to stop car for police
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was arrested after failing to stop a car for police officers in Weston on Wednesday evening.
Officers attempted to stop a car in Winterstoke Road after they suspected it was being driven without a valid MOT or insurance.
The driver initially failed to pull over for officers but later stopped in Cadet Drive just before 9pm.
A police spokesman said: "Officers attempted to stop a vehicle in Winterstoke Road after records showed it was suspected of being driven without a valid MOT or insurance.
"A search of the immediate area was undertaken and a 17-year-old male was found and arrested on suspicion of aggravated taking of a vehicle without consent and failure to stop when required.
You may also want to watch:
"The male was also arrested on suspicion of theft of fuel."
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 101 and give the reference number 5220041534.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple