Teenager arrested after failing to stop car for police
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was arrested after failing to stop a car for police officers in Weston on Wednesday evening.
Officers attempted to stop a car in Winterstoke Road after they suspected it was being driven without a valid MOT or insurance.
The driver initially failed to pull over for officers but later stopped in Cadet Drive just before 9pm.
A police spokesman said: "Officers attempted to stop a vehicle in Winterstoke Road after records showed it was suspected of being driven without a valid MOT or insurance.
"A search of the immediate area was undertaken and a 17-year-old male was found and arrested on suspicion of aggravated taking of a vehicle without consent and failure to stop when required.
You may also want to watch:
"The male was also arrested on suspicion of theft of fuel."
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 101 and give the reference number 5220041534.
- 1 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 2 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 8 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
- 9 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid