Weston Pride 2019 launched
- Credit: sub
A new team of volunteers has launched next year’s Weston Pride.
Led by Weston Pride founder Nigel Briers, the team is set to deliver another amazing event in Grove Park next summer.
The two-day spectacle will mark the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots – a series of demonstrations by members of the gay community against a police raid.
Nigel said: “It is going to be incredible with the creativity of these fantastic youngsters who have a remarkable vision of how to develop the event.
“As the lead it gives me a great sense of achievement to know Weston Pride is secure and moving forward.”
You may also want to watch:
To celebrate the launch, a fundraiser will be held at Club Tabu, in Boulevard, on Saturday at 9pm. Tickets are £10 on the door.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 9 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare