Closure order granted for address after crime reports
- Credit: Archant
A three-month partial closure order as been granted for a property in Weston following reports of crime.
Magistrates at North Somerset Courthouse approved the police’s application for an address in Meadow Street on Monday.
It was granted after a number of incidents were reported at 85A, including drug offences, theft, violence and antisocial behaviour.
Officers hope this order will have a positive impact and send a message that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated.
Beat manager Ben Whitby said: “The three-month order has been granted due to the frequency of incidents that have happened so far this year.
You may also want to watch:
“The activity has caused distress for businesses and people living nearby to feel unsafe. That is unacceptable.
“The reports we had from the community helped us collect enough evidence to seek this order from the court. Without them, and other agencies assisting us, it would not have been possible.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
“The neighbourhood team has worked alongside the community to tackle antisocial behaviour.
“We would urge anyone who is experiencing antisocial behaviour in their area to contact the police. Your concerns will be taken seriously and this case shows how positive action can be taken when the community works together.”
If a crime is ongoing, call 999. For non-emergency matters, call 101 or report antisocial behaviour order through the police website at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/report/anti-social-behaviour