Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- Credit: The Walnut Tree
A Weston pub attracted large crowds to its Christmas light show Friday.
The Walnut Tree, in Winterstoke Road, decorated the roof of its pub with figures such as Santa Claus, his reindeer and snowmen.
All money raised at the switch-on was donated to the Bristol Children's Hospital Grand Appeal charity.
Crowds of children with their families enjoyed taking the spectacle in on a crisp autumn night.
Pub Landlord Frank Sprackman said: "We are delighted to say it was a fantastic turnout, and with Father Christmas switching on our lights we couldn’t have asked for anything else.
"We have spent the last two years building up the The Walnut Tree to become a fantastic community family pub.
"Tonight, the community came together to start the celebration of Christmas and we thank them all."
- 1 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 2 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 3 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Weston AFC are "looking and expecting" to beat Dorchester Town says Bartlett
- 10 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
Email pictures of your Christmas light switch-on to the Mercury at email@example.com.