Artists awarded for creative talent
- Credit: Archant
Budding artists from more than 20 primary schools took part in an art competition organised by the Rotary Club of Weston.
The competition, which was sponsored by Howards Motor Group, is held every year and is designed to encourage the development of young people's artistic skills.
An awards evening was held at The Campus where prizes were given out to the winners and runners-up in three separate age groups of the Rotary Primary Art Competition.
The overall winner was Brandon Romasanta of St Anne's Church Academy in Hewish.
Rotary president Julian Matthews praised the children.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The judges had a difficult time coming to a decision because the quality of the artwork increases each year.
"We would like to thank everyone who took part in the competition."
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
All the children who participated received a certificate and an invitation to see the exhibition.