Artists awarded for creative talent
- Credit: Archant
Budding artists from more than 20 primary schools took part in an art competition organised by the Rotary Club of Weston.
The competition, which was sponsored by Howards Motor Group, is held every year and is designed to encourage the development of young people's artistic skills.
An awards evening was held at The Campus where prizes were given out to the winners and runners-up in three separate age groups of the Rotary Primary Art Competition.
The overall winner was Brandon Romasanta of St Anne's Church Academy in Hewish.
Rotary president Julian Matthews praised the children.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The judges had a difficult time coming to a decision because the quality of the artwork increases each year.
"We would like to thank everyone who took part in the competition."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
All the children who participated received a certificate and an invitation to see the exhibition.