PICTURES: Weston RNLI marks years of service and fundraising efforts with awards night
- Credit: Weston RNLI
Dedicated RNLI fundraisers and long-standing crew members were celebrated at an awards evening last week.
The two strings to Weston RNLI came together to acknowledge the station’s achievement and that of local people over several years.
It was held at the Sea Cadets Hall, in Sunnyside Road, on March 17.
Before the awards were handed out, fundraisers and participants were brought up to speed with what happens at the station, the story of equipment the team uses, and rescues they have attended.
Fundraisers who were considered the ‘most active’ were celebrated with certificates, as were the 1st Milton Scouts and Pappadoms, who also supported the RNLI’s efforts.
You may also want to watch:
Crew members who had been involved in special rescues or served for long periods were also praised for their dedication.
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree