PICTURES: Weston RNLI marks years of service and fundraising efforts with awards night
- Credit: Weston RNLI
Dedicated RNLI fundraisers and long-standing crew members were celebrated at an awards evening last week.
The two strings to Weston RNLI came together to acknowledge the station’s achievement and that of local people over several years.
It was held at the Sea Cadets Hall, in Sunnyside Road, on March 17.
Before the awards were handed out, fundraisers and participants were brought up to speed with what happens at the station, the story of equipment the team uses, and rescues they have attended.
Fundraisers who were considered the ‘most active’ were celebrated with certificates, as were the 1st Milton Scouts and Pappadoms, who also supported the RNLI’s efforts.
You may also want to watch:
Crew members who had been involved in special rescues or served for long periods were also praised for their dedication.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village