PICTURES: Weston RNLI marks years of service and fundraising efforts with awards night
- Credit: Weston RNLI
Dedicated RNLI fundraisers and long-standing crew members were celebrated at an awards evening last week.
The two strings to Weston RNLI came together to acknowledge the station’s achievement and that of local people over several years.
It was held at the Sea Cadets Hall, in Sunnyside Road, on March 17.
Before the awards were handed out, fundraisers and participants were brought up to speed with what happens at the station, the story of equipment the team uses, and rescues they have attended.
Fundraisers who were considered the ‘most active’ were celebrated with certificates, as were the 1st Milton Scouts and Pappadoms, who also supported the RNLI’s efforts.
You may also want to watch:
Crew members who had been involved in special rescues or served for long periods were also praised for their dedication.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 New principal appointed at academy
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 10 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year