Burns Night celebration raises cash for Weston RNLI
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers embraced Scottish traditions for a celebratory Burns Night in aid of Weston RNLI on Saturday.
The sound of bagpipes welcomed supporters as they arrived at the event in the Commodore Hotel in Kewstoke.
A number of guests dressed in tartan for the occasion, before sitting down to a Burns Night supper, with haggis on the menu.
Lifeboat crews and their families attended the popular fundraiser which marks the birthday of famous poet Robert Burns.
Guests enjoyed Scottish music and fine food in aid of the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising group also held a raffle, with top prizes up for grabs.
Burns Night is one of the first fundraisers in the charity's calendar to support the RNLI's life-saving work on Weston's beaches and the event raised £1,753.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people