Burns Night celebration raises cash for Weston RNLI
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers embraced Scottish traditions for a celebratory Burns Night in aid of Weston RNLI on Saturday.
The sound of bagpipes welcomed supporters as they arrived at the event in the Commodore Hotel in Kewstoke.
A number of guests dressed in tartan for the occasion, before sitting down to a Burns Night supper, with haggis on the menu.
Lifeboat crews and their families attended the popular fundraiser which marks the birthday of famous poet Robert Burns.
Guests enjoyed Scottish music and fine food in aid of the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising group also held a raffle, with top prizes up for grabs.
Burns Night is one of the first fundraisers in the charity's calendar to support the RNLI's life-saving work on Weston's beaches and the event raised £1,753.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 5 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 6 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters