Burns Night celebration raises cash for Weston RNLI
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers embraced Scottish traditions for a celebratory Burns Night in aid of Weston RNLI on Saturday.
The sound of bagpipes welcomed supporters as they arrived at the event in the Commodore Hotel in Kewstoke.
A number of guests dressed in tartan for the occasion, before sitting down to a Burns Night supper, with haggis on the menu.
Lifeboat crews and their families attended the popular fundraiser which marks the birthday of famous poet Robert Burns.
Guests enjoyed Scottish music and fine food in aid of the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising group also held a raffle, with top prizes up for grabs.
Burns Night is one of the first fundraisers in the charity's calendar to support the RNLI's life-saving work on Weston's beaches and the event raised £1,753.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 9 Inadequate care home responds
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple