Burns Night celebration raises cash for Weston RNLI
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers embraced Scottish traditions for a celebratory Burns Night in aid of Weston RNLI on Saturday.
The sound of bagpipes welcomed supporters as they arrived at the event in the Commodore Hotel in Kewstoke.
A number of guests dressed in tartan for the occasion, before sitting down to a Burns Night supper, with haggis on the menu.
Lifeboat crews and their families attended the popular fundraiser which marks the birthday of famous poet Robert Burns.
Guests enjoyed Scottish music and fine food in aid of the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising group also held a raffle, with top prizes up for grabs.
Burns Night is one of the first fundraisers in the charity's calendar to support the RNLI's life-saving work on Weston's beaches and the event raised £1,753.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital