Scouts raise more than £3k for Weston RNLI
- Credit: Weston RNLI
A scout group has presented thousands of pounds to a life-saving charity.
First Milton Scout Group worked over the Christmas period to raise money for Weston RNLI and on February 13, scouts handed over a cheque to the charity for £3,226.
The group built and showed off a Santa sleigh in High Street over Christmas and accompanied it dressed as elves.
The scout group has been supporting the RNLI for nearly 30 years after former group scout leader Alan Reynolds set up the campaign.
Weston Lifeboat operations manager, Mike Buckland, said: “All donations to our charity are valuable and gratefully received.
You may also want to watch:
“This one is particularly so because it was collected by the boys and girls of the scouts.
“Over the years the 1st Milton Scouts have collected a lot of money for us to help with our role of saving lives at sea.”
- 1 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 2 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 4 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 7 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 8 GALLERY: Photographers capture springtime snapshots in Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Winscombe gardening business gets Alan Titchmarsh's blessing
- 10 Independent brewery launches Crowdfunder for business expansion