Scouts raise more than £3k for Weston RNLI
- Credit: Weston RNLI
A scout group has presented thousands of pounds to a life-saving charity.
First Milton Scout Group worked over the Christmas period to raise money for Weston RNLI and on February 13, scouts handed over a cheque to the charity for £3,226.
The group built and showed off a Santa sleigh in High Street over Christmas and accompanied it dressed as elves.
The scout group has been supporting the RNLI for nearly 30 years after former group scout leader Alan Reynolds set up the campaign.
Weston Lifeboat operations manager, Mike Buckland, said: “All donations to our charity are valuable and gratefully received.
You may also want to watch:
“This one is particularly so because it was collected by the boys and girls of the scouts.
“Over the years the 1st Milton Scouts have collected a lot of money for us to help with our role of saving lives at sea.”
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston