RNLI treated to delicious meal by Indian restaurateurs
- Credit: Weston RNLI
Weston’s RNLI crew received a welcomed reward for their hard work and effort.
Pappadoms owner Sayd Ahmed arranged for the whole lifeboat crew and their partners to have a meal at Jaan’s Indian restaurant, in Whitecross Road, as a way to say thank you for their work.
The meal, cooked jointly by Pappadoms and Jaan was described by the crew as fantastic and a good night was had by all.
Lifeboat operations manager Mike Buckland said: “This was a lovely meal thanks to Sayd’s generosity.
“He is well known for supporting what we do, donating chocolates for the crew at Christmas and prizes for our raffles.
“To give us this evening on top of all that is remarkable and very kind.
“It gives us faith that we do have the community behind us.”
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 7 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch
Mr Ahmed said the Bangladeshi community of Weston is ‘hugely in support’ of the RNLI and was glad he could give them this evening.