RNLI treated to delicious meal by Indian restaurateurs
- Credit: Weston RNLI
Weston’s RNLI crew received a welcomed reward for their hard work and effort.
Pappadoms owner Sayd Ahmed arranged for the whole lifeboat crew and their partners to have a meal at Jaan’s Indian restaurant, in Whitecross Road, as a way to say thank you for their work.
The meal, cooked jointly by Pappadoms and Jaan was described by the crew as fantastic and a good night was had by all.
Lifeboat operations manager Mike Buckland said: “This was a lovely meal thanks to Sayd’s generosity.
“He is well known for supporting what we do, donating chocolates for the crew at Christmas and prizes for our raffles.
You may also want to watch:
“To give us this evening on top of all that is remarkable and very kind.
“It gives us faith that we do have the community behind us.”
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
Mr Ahmed said the Bangladeshi community of Weston is ‘hugely in support’ of the RNLI and was glad he could give them this evening.