Car crashes into building in Weston town centre
- Credit: Archant
A car has crashed into a building in Weston town centre this morning (Monday).
The car has driven into a building in Regent Street and traffic is being diverted from the scene.
Regent Street is blocked off from Superdrug to Costa Coffee and three fire engines, six police cars and ambulances are at the scene.
An Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews from Weston Fire Station were mobilised to reports of a road traffic collision at 11am.
“On arrival, firefighters found one vehicle had collided with a building.
You may also want to watch:
“Two casualties were rescued by paramedics and crews remained to make the scene safe.
“The incident was handed to the police.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman added: “We were called at 10.48am to reports of a car that had crashed in Regent Street.
“The fire service and ambulance service are also at the scene.”