Car crashes into building in Weston town centre
- Credit: Archant
A car has crashed into a building in Weston town centre this morning (Monday).
The car has driven into a building in Regent Street and traffic is being diverted from the scene.
Regent Street is blocked off from Superdrug to Costa Coffee and three fire engines, six police cars and ambulances are at the scene.
An Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews from Weston Fire Station were mobilised to reports of a road traffic collision at 11am.
“On arrival, firefighters found one vehicle had collided with a building.
You may also want to watch:
“Two casualties were rescued by paramedics and crews remained to make the scene safe.
“The incident was handed to the police.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 7 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 10 Inadequate care home responds
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman added: “We were called at 10.48am to reports of a car that had crashed in Regent Street.
“The fire service and ambulance service are also at the scene.”