Car crashes into building in Weston town centre
- Credit: Archant
A car has crashed into a building in Weston town centre this morning (Monday).
The car has driven into a building in Regent Street and traffic is being diverted from the scene.
Regent Street is blocked off from Superdrug to Costa Coffee and three fire engines, six police cars and ambulances are at the scene.
An Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews from Weston Fire Station were mobilised to reports of a road traffic collision at 11am.
“On arrival, firefighters found one vehicle had collided with a building.
“Two casualties were rescued by paramedics and crews remained to make the scene safe.
“The incident was handed to the police.”
- 1 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 2 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 3 Teen, 16, among football fans BANNED from matches
- 4 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 5 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 6 Weston's new mayor and deputy formally elected at council ceremony
- 7 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 8 Poetry legend Pam Ayres enjoys Weston fish and chips!
- 9 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 10 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman added: “We were called at 10.48am to reports of a car that had crashed in Regent Street.
“The fire service and ambulance service are also at the scene.”