Former Weston Rugby player ‘recovering well’ after suffering heart attack
- Credit: Archant
A former Weston Rugby player is ‘recovering well’ after suffering a heart attack at the club on Saturday.
Tom Grice collapsed in The Recreation Ground clubhouse during Weston's game against Barnstaple.
Tom is awaiting an operation to fit a pacemaker at Bristol Royal Infirmary.
Chairman Peter Land said: "The club was extremely fortunate that both Liv James and Mike Young were on hand and that we invested in a defibrillator some years ago.
"I wish Tom well in his recovery, but recognise the part played by Liv, Mike and others who kept Tom's heart pumping until the paramedics arrived, without whom Tom may not be with us.
You may also want to watch:
"I would also like to thank our staff who were great when it mattered and our supporters too for their patience and understanding.
"I have been asked by some members about first aid courses and how to use the defibrillator and would happily organise training or familiarisation if enough members express an interest."
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare