PICTURES: Catch The Light lantern parade illuminates Weston
- Credit: Archant
More than £2,000 was raised at a community lantern parade in Weston at the weekend.
Catch The Light lantern parade returned to the Bournville estate on Saturday.
People of all ages made and created spectacular displays using traditional willows and also from recycled materials.
This year's theme was called Go Create, designed to encourage families, friends and neighbours to get involved in having fun and making their lanterns together.
The parade attracted more than 300 people who marched and danced with Bristol Samba Band and later enjoyed a firework display from Firemagic.
You may also want to watch:
The lantern parade club meets through out the year in order to plan and fundraise the free community event.
Funds raised came from Weston Lions, Asda community fund, Alliance Homes, the National Lottery Community Fund, cake sales and a raffle.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 7 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 10 Inadequate care home responds