PICTURES: Catch The Light lantern parade illuminates Weston
- Credit: Archant
More than £2,000 was raised at a community lantern parade in Weston at the weekend.
Catch The Light lantern parade returned to the Bournville estate on Saturday.
People of all ages made and created spectacular displays using traditional willows and also from recycled materials.
This year's theme was called Go Create, designed to encourage families, friends and neighbours to get involved in having fun and making their lanterns together.
The parade attracted more than 300 people who marched and danced with Bristol Samba Band and later enjoyed a firework display from Firemagic.
You may also want to watch:
The lantern parade club meets through out the year in order to plan and fundraise the free community event.
Funds raised came from Weston Lions, Asda community fund, Alliance Homes, the National Lottery Community Fund, cake sales and a raffle.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster