PICTURES: Catch The Light lantern parade illuminates Weston
- Credit: Archant
More than £2,000 was raised at a community lantern parade in Weston at the weekend.
Catch The Light lantern parade returned to the Bournville estate on Saturday.
People of all ages made and created spectacular displays using traditional willows and also from recycled materials.
This year's theme was called Go Create, designed to encourage families, friends and neighbours to get involved in having fun and making their lanterns together.
The parade attracted more than 300 people who marched and danced with Bristol Samba Band and later enjoyed a firework display from Firemagic.
You may also want to watch:
The lantern parade club meets through out the year in order to plan and fundraise the free community event.
Funds raised came from Weston Lions, Asda community fund, Alliance Homes, the National Lottery Community Fund, cake sales and a raffle.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer