PICTURES: Catch The Light lantern parade illuminates Weston
- Credit: Archant
More than £2,000 was raised at a community lantern parade in Weston at the weekend.
Catch The Light lantern parade returned to the Bournville estate on Saturday.
People of all ages made and created spectacular displays using traditional willows and also from recycled materials.
This year's theme was called Go Create, designed to encourage families, friends and neighbours to get involved in having fun and making their lanterns together.
The parade attracted more than 300 people who marched and danced with Bristol Samba Band and later enjoyed a firework display from Firemagic.
You may also want to watch:
The lantern parade club meets through out the year in order to plan and fundraise the free community event.
Funds raised came from Weston Lions, Asda community fund, Alliance Homes, the National Lottery Community Fund, cake sales and a raffle.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital