Betting shop to be converted to café on Weston estate
- Credit: Archant
A former betting shop will be converted to a café following a successful planning application to North Somerset Council.
Backhouse Betting, on Weston-super-Mare’s Bournville estate, initially filed an application in May.
Applicant Neil Evans is keen to refurbish the forecourt at the St Andrew’s Parade site and he wants to include revised surface finishes, replace light fittings and provide cycle racks.
The approved plans will also see the shop canopies and tiles removed.
There were concerns the proposal may cause noise disruption to the surrounding area.
However, the café will operate from 7am-6pm though it is not yet known when it will open.
The plans were also supported by Weston Town Council.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 5 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 6 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
In its design and access statement, the developer said it aims ‘to create a comfortable, safe, attractive and accessible shopping environment’.