Betting shop to be converted to café on Weston estate
- Credit: Archant
A former betting shop will be converted to a café following a successful planning application to North Somerset Council.
Backhouse Betting, on Weston-super-Mare’s Bournville estate, initially filed an application in May.
Applicant Neil Evans is keen to refurbish the forecourt at the St Andrew’s Parade site and he wants to include revised surface finishes, replace light fittings and provide cycle racks.
The approved plans will also see the shop canopies and tiles removed.
There were concerns the proposal may cause noise disruption to the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
However, the café will operate from 7am-6pm though it is not yet known when it will open.
The plans were also supported by Weston Town Council.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen
In its design and access statement, the developer said it aims ‘to create a comfortable, safe, attractive and accessible shopping environment’.