Popular lantern parade to return to Weston
- Credit: Archant
A popular community event will return to Weston for its fourth edition this weekend.
Catch The Light lantern parade will return to the Bournville estate on Saturday evening.
The parade will set off from St John's car park, in Coleridge Road, at 6pm.
This year's theme is go create, designed the event to encourage families, friends and neighbours to get involved in having fun and making their lanterns together.
As in previous years, the lantern parade club has fundraised throughout the year to cover the event.
Face-painting and fireworks will take place, while the Bristol Samba Band is due to lead the night's procession.
The club decided to move the venue this year to St John's so the parade would be more inclusive for families from Oldmixon and Coronation estates.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
Youngsters who create a lantern will be given a prize on the night.