Popular lantern parade to return to Weston
- Credit: Archant
A popular community event will return to Weston for its fourth edition this weekend.
Catch The Light lantern parade will return to the Bournville estate on Saturday evening.
The parade will set off from St John's car park, in Coleridge Road, at 6pm.
This year's theme is go create, designed the event to encourage families, friends and neighbours to get involved in having fun and making their lanterns together.
As in previous years, the lantern parade club has fundraised throughout the year to cover the event.
You may also want to watch:
Face-painting and fireworks will take place, while the Bristol Samba Band is due to lead the night's procession.
The club decided to move the venue this year to St John's so the parade would be more inclusive for families from Oldmixon and Coronation estates.
- 1 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 2 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 3 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 9 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
Youngsters who create a lantern will be given a prize on the night.