Popular lantern parade to return to Weston
- Credit: Archant
A popular community event will return to Weston for its fourth edition this weekend.
Catch The Light lantern parade will return to the Bournville estate on Saturday evening.
The parade will set off from St John's car park, in Coleridge Road, at 6pm.
This year's theme is go create, designed the event to encourage families, friends and neighbours to get involved in having fun and making their lanterns together.
As in previous years, the lantern parade club has fundraised throughout the year to cover the event.
You may also want to watch:
Face-painting and fireworks will take place, while the Bristol Samba Band is due to lead the night's procession.
The club decided to move the venue this year to St John's so the parade would be more inclusive for families from Oldmixon and Coronation estates.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Woman's fundraising challenge after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 10 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
Youngsters who create a lantern will be given a prize on the night.