Popular lantern parade to return to Weston
- Credit: Archant
A popular community event will return to Weston for its fourth edition this weekend.
Catch The Light lantern parade will return to the Bournville estate on Saturday evening.
The parade will set off from St John's car park, in Coleridge Road, at 6pm.
This year's theme is go create, designed the event to encourage families, friends and neighbours to get involved in having fun and making their lanterns together.
As in previous years, the lantern parade club has fundraised throughout the year to cover the event.
You may also want to watch:
Face-painting and fireworks will take place, while the Bristol Samba Band is due to lead the night's procession.
The club decided to move the venue this year to St John's so the parade would be more inclusive for families from Oldmixon and Coronation estates.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
Youngsters who create a lantern will be given a prize on the night.