Weston's 'carrot' blocks CCTV
WESTON'S giant carrot is blocking out CCTV footage of criminals smashing up the front of a popular café.
WESTON’S giant carrot’ is blocking out CCTV footage of criminals smashing up the front of a popular café.
Clare Morris, who owns Coco Browns on Big Lamp Corner, says the windows of her business have been shattered on Friday and Saturday nights three times in the last 18 months. But the Silica prevents the police from getting decent footage of the culprits because it blocks out part of the property.
The 32-year-old, who lives in Worle, says the last time yobs attacked her café was about a month ago.
She said: “It seems like this type of thing is happening to a number of businesses.
You may also want to watch:
“But they haven’t caught anyone who has attacked my café because
the CCTV can only see part of the building but can’t reach all of it. The Silica is in the way.”
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
A North Somerset Council spokesman said: “The CCTV manager will visit the owner to discuss the issue and invite them to look at footage that we have.
“CCTV cameras cannot guarantee 100 per cent coverage of all areas at all times.”
If anyone has any information about the attacks they can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.