Arson closes public toilets at Weston park
- Credit: Archant
Public toilets at a Weston park have been closed due to an arson attack.
Clarence Park public toilets are not in use due to an attack by vandals.
It is believed the vandalism took place yesterday (Sunday) as the cleaner carried out their last clean at the toilets on Saturday and found no issues.
The damage is significant as the toilet walls are black with smoke with damage to the tiles and floor.
The fire has also affected the electrics for the lighting.
You may also want to watch:
Weston Town Council took over six sets of public toilets in 2013, including ones at Clarence Park, to save them from closure as North Somerset Council withdrew its funding to save £400,000 per year.
A town council spokesman said: "The toilets are closed for the foreseeable future as a further investigation takes place and work can commence to clean up the toilets and make them safe for public use."
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer