M&S set to close in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has announced today (Tuesday) it is set to close its Weston-super-Mare High Street store.
The retailer is consulting with its 74 colleagues on the proposed closure of the store, which is also accessible through the Sovereign Shopping Centre.
The closure is part of M&S’ plans to shut 16 of its stores across the UK.
John Dorrington, M&S head of region for the South West, said: “Deciding to propose the closure of our Weston store has been extremely difficult.
“Over the coming weeks our priority will be supporting each colleague individually as we go through the consultation process.
You may also want to watch:
“We remain committed to our loyal customers and will continue to serve them from our other stores in the region, including in Cribbs Causeway and our nearby foodhall in Flowerdown.
“Alongside our food offering, customers visiting these locations can shop for clothing and home products in store or through our click and collect service.”
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 9 Weston vets wins two awards
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
For more, pick up a copy of Thursday’s Mercury.