M&S set to close in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has announced today (Tuesday) it is set to close its Weston-super-Mare High Street store.
The retailer is consulting with its 74 colleagues on the proposed closure of the store, which is also accessible through the Sovereign Shopping Centre.
The closure is part of M&S’ plans to shut 16 of its stores across the UK.
John Dorrington, M&S head of region for the South West, said: “Deciding to propose the closure of our Weston store has been extremely difficult.
“Over the coming weeks our priority will be supporting each colleague individually as we go through the consultation process.
You may also want to watch:
“We remain committed to our loyal customers and will continue to serve them from our other stores in the region, including in Cribbs Causeway and our nearby foodhall in Flowerdown.
“Alongside our food offering, customers visiting these locations can shop for clothing and home products in store or through our click and collect service.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
For more, pick up a copy of Thursday’s Mercury.