Final day for Weston town centre’s M&S store
- Credit: Archant
The flagship store of Weston-super-Mare’s High Street will shut its doors for the final time on Saturday.
Marks & Spencer (M&S) will close after more than 110 years in the town centre.
M&S takes up one of the High Street’s biggest units, and it is not yet known what will replace it.
The retailer has been in the town centre since 1954 and is also accessible through the Sovereign Shopping Centre.
The closure is part of M&S’ plan to shut 16 of its stores across the UK.
John Dorrington, M&S head of region for the South West, said in January: “Deciding to close our Weston store has been extremely difficult.
You may also want to watch:
“We remain committed to our loyal customers and will continue to serve them from our other stores in the region, including in Cribbs Causeway and our nearby foodhall in Flowerdown.
“Customers visiting these locations can shop for clothing and home products or through our click and collect service.”
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 New principal appointed at academy
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half