Final day for Weston town centre’s M&S store
- Credit: Archant
The flagship store of Weston-super-Mare’s High Street will shut its doors for the final time on Saturday.
Marks & Spencer (M&S) will close after more than 110 years in the town centre.
M&S takes up one of the High Street’s biggest units, and it is not yet known what will replace it.
The retailer has been in the town centre since 1954 and is also accessible through the Sovereign Shopping Centre.
The closure is part of M&S’ plan to shut 16 of its stores across the UK.
John Dorrington, M&S head of region for the South West, said in January: “Deciding to close our Weston store has been extremely difficult.
You may also want to watch:
“We remain committed to our loyal customers and will continue to serve them from our other stores in the region, including in Cribbs Causeway and our nearby foodhall in Flowerdown.
“Customers visiting these locations can shop for clothing and home products or through our click and collect service.”
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions