WIN: Tickets to see the third John Wick film at Weston’s Odeon cinema
- Credit: Archant
The third instalment of an adrenaline-fuelled film franchise has burst onto cinema screens, and Mercury readers could win tickets to the action.
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum was released at the Odeon cinema, in The Centre, yesterday (Wednesday).
Keanu Reeves returns in the title role as the super assassin who is on the run for two reasons.
He is being hunted down for a global $14million open contract on his life, and for breaking a central rule of taking a life on Continental Hotel grounds.
The victim was a member of the high table who ordered the open contract and it has made him the target of the world's top assassins.
You may also want to watch:
Wick should have already been executed, except the Continental's manager, Winston, has given him a one-hour grace period before he is excommunicado, his membership is revoked, banned from all services and cut off from other members.
Wick uses the service industry to stay alive as he fights his way out of New York, where his chances of survival have never been thinner.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
The series began in 2014 with the release of John Wick, followed by a 2017 sequel.
Both films were critical and commercial successes, grossing more than £250million worldwide and earning rave reviews from critics.
Laurence Fishbourne, reprises his role as underground crime lord, Bowery King, while Halle Berry plays Sofia, an assassin and a close friend of Wick.
Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon and Mark Dacascos make their first appearances for the John Wick franchise.
Tickets, priced £4, are available at www.odeon.co.uk or on 03330 144501.
The Mercury has teamed up with the Odeon to offer three readers a pair of tickets each to a screening of their choice.
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on May 23.
Usual Archant competition rules apply, and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted about it by Archant.