WIN: Tickets to see the third John Wick film at Weston’s Odeon cinema
- Credit: Archant
The third instalment of an adrenaline-fuelled film franchise has burst onto cinema screens, and Mercury readers could win tickets to the action.
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum was released at the Odeon cinema, in The Centre, yesterday (Wednesday).
Keanu Reeves returns in the title role as the super assassin who is on the run for two reasons.
He is being hunted down for a global $14million open contract on his life, and for breaking a central rule of taking a life on Continental Hotel grounds.
The victim was a member of the high table who ordered the open contract and it has made him the target of the world's top assassins.
Wick should have already been executed, except the Continental's manager, Winston, has given him a one-hour grace period before he is excommunicado, his membership is revoked, banned from all services and cut off from other members.
Wick uses the service industry to stay alive as he fights his way out of New York, where his chances of survival have never been thinner.
- 1 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 2 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 5 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 6 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 7 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 8 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 9 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
The series began in 2014 with the release of John Wick, followed by a 2017 sequel.
Both films were critical and commercial successes, grossing more than £250million worldwide and earning rave reviews from critics.
Laurence Fishbourne, reprises his role as underground crime lord, Bowery King, while Halle Berry plays Sofia, an assassin and a close friend of Wick.
Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon and Mark Dacascos make their first appearances for the John Wick franchise.
Tickets, priced £4, are available at www.odeon.co.uk or on 03330 144501.
The Mercury has teamed up with the Odeon to offer three readers a pair of tickets each to a screening of their choice.
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on May 23.
Usual Archant competition rules apply, and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted about it by Archant.