WIN: Tickets to see Long Shot at Weston’s Odeon cinema
- Credit: Archant
A romantic comedy will burst onto cinema screens tomorrow (Friday), and Mercury readers could win tickets to the action.
Long Shot will be shown at the Odeon cinema, in The Centre, at various times.
The films stars Seth Rogen as Fred Flarsky, a gifted and free-spirited political journalist with an affinity for trouble, who tries to hook up with his old babysitter, Charlotte Field, who now holds an important government position.
Charlotte, played by Charlize Theron, is one of the most influential women in the world as a powerhouse diplomat.
The two have nothing in common, except she was his childhood crush.
You may also want to watch:
When Fred unexpectedly reconnects with Charlotte, he charms her with his self-deprecating humour and his memories of her youthful idealism.
As she prepares to make a run to become president of America, Charlotte hires Fred as her speechwriter, much to the dismay of her trusted advisors, and sparks begin to fly.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
A fish out of water on Charlotte’s elite team, Fred is unprepared for her glamorous lifestyle in the limelight.
However, their unmistakable chemistry leads to a round-the-world romance and a series of unexpected and dangerous incidents.
Long Shot is directed by Jonathan Levine, who previously worked with Rogen in 2011’s 50/50.
Also starring is June Diane Raphael, Bob Odenkirk and Andy Serkis.
Tickets, priced £4, are available at www.odeon.co.uk or on 03330 144501.
The Mercury has teamed up with the Odeon to offer three readers a pair of tickets each to a screening of their choice.
To enter the competition, simply answer the following question before the competition deadline of 10am on May 9.
Usual Archant competition rules apply, and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted about it by Archant and the Odeon.