Coronavirus forces entertainment venues to close
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Playhouse Theatre will be closed ‘until further notice’.
The Playhouse made the announcement on Tuesday night, meaning all events have been suspended.
Weston Town Council also closed the Blakehay Theatre yesterday (Tuesday).
LIVE BLOG: Coronavirus in North Somerset.
Following Government advise, both Odeon and Cineworld have also shut while Bristol Hippodrome also confirmed its closure last night.
Clevedon’s independent Curzon Cinema, however, remains open.
The following events at the Tropicana have either cancelled or postponed:
You may also want to watch:
- The George Michael Story – March 20 - postponed
- Clinton Baptiste – March 28 – cancelled
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 5 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week
- Heroes of Our Time – April 4 postponed until 13 June
- Northern Soul – April 11 - cancelled
A Playhouse spokesman said: “We understand this decision comes as a disappointment, but ultimately we all want to protect the health and safety of our communities and we believe this is the correct decision to make.
“With regards to tickets and refunds, we are dealing with each show on an individual basis in consultation with the promoters and agents and we will be in touch with ticket holders as soon as possible.
“We respectfully ask all customers to refrain from contacting our box office team or visiting the venue.
“It is unclear how long the theatre will need to remain closed, however we will be consulting with industry bodies and the Government in the coming days and provide an update as soon as possible.”