Gala night at Playhouse
- Credit: Archant
A Weston theatre will celebrate 50 years since it reopened this week.
The Playhouse Theatre, in High Street, will host a gala tonight (Friday) at 6pm to mark half a century since it reopened following a fire.
Money raised will go to its volunteer group, The Friends of The Playhouse.
A variety of acts from across the theatre's history, including local talent, will take to the stage.
Both Weston and Worle Operatics take guests down memory lane with two musical performances as well as leading children's drama group, The Oppitts, performing a medley.
You may also want to watch:
Dance schools Carlea Theatre Arts and The Dance Company will strut their stuff, while veteran comedian Adrian Walsh will ensure there is plenty of laughter.
Talented singers Lucy Kane and Kezia Povey will perform alongside Eleazar King and The Leylines.
Tickets, priced £14.50, are available at www.theplayhouse.co.uk or on 01934 645544.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid