Gala night at Playhouse
- Credit: Archant
A Weston theatre will celebrate 50 years since it reopened this week.
The Playhouse Theatre, in High Street, will host a gala tonight (Friday) at 6pm to mark half a century since it reopened following a fire.
Money raised will go to its volunteer group, The Friends of The Playhouse.
A variety of acts from across the theatre's history, including local talent, will take to the stage.
Both Weston and Worle Operatics take guests down memory lane with two musical performances as well as leading children's drama group, The Oppitts, performing a medley.
You may also want to watch:
Dance schools Carlea Theatre Arts and The Dance Company will strut their stuff, while veteran comedian Adrian Walsh will ensure there is plenty of laughter.
Talented singers Lucy Kane and Kezia Povey will perform alongside Eleazar King and The Leylines.
Tickets, priced £14.50, are available at www.theplayhouse.co.uk or on 01934 645544.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 8 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?