WIN: Tickets to the Johnny Cash Roadshow at the Playhouse Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The works of one of the best-selling music artists of all time will be recreated in Weston, and Mercury readers could win tickets to the show.
The Johnny Cash Roadshow: 50th Anniversary of San Quentin will come to the Playhouse, in High Street, on June 4 at 7.30pm.
American singer-songwriter Cash sold more than 90million records worldwide.
Although primarily remembered as a country music icon, his genre-spanning songs and sound embraced rock and roll, blues, folk and gospel.
Award-winning front man Clive John dedicates this year to the 50th anniversary of when Cash famously performed to inmates of the San Quentin State Prison.
You may also want to watch:
Recordings were televised on Granada Television and later released in June 1969.
Alongside Clive is Cash's iconic wife June Carter, played by Emily Heighway.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
Making up the backing band members is Nick Davis on guitar and backing vocals, Graham Cuttill on drums and, playing trumpet, James Docherty.
The performance is supported by background video production and narration of Cash's life.
What is more, the Johnny Cash Roadshow is the only performance of its kind to be endorsed by the Cash family.
The roadshow has grown in popularity in recent years and now tours around Western Europe and Scandinavia.
Songs from the San Quentin live album will be performed and mixed with hits including timeless classics Ring Of Fire, A Boy Named Sue and I Will Miss Someone.
Tickets, priced £23-24.50, are available on 01934 645544 or at www.theplayhouse.co.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with the Playhouse to offer two readers a pair of tickets each to the show.
Usual Archant competition rules apply, and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted about it by Archant and the Playhouse.