Somerset Legion House up for sale
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s Somerset Legion House has been put up for sale by its owners, the Royal British Legion (RBL).
The break centre, in Beach Road, is closed but is described by Colliers International’s Hotels Agency as being in ‘excellent condition’ having received ‘significant investment’ from the charity.
It is listed for sale at £1.2million.
The Mercury revealed in November the break centre will close in 2020, with the announcement coming less than two weeks after Remembrance Sunday.
Somerset Legion House opened in October 2007 and cost £6.7million to build.
You may also want to watch:
The house has 47 rooms and catered for 75 people by providing two-week breaks for families and children connected to the armed forces at little or no cost.
Its three other hotels in Southport, Bridlington and Portrush, in Northern Ireland, are also on the market.
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 5 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities