New location for popular pop-up skatepark
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up skatepark will move to a different location during the half-term break.
Transend Skatepark will run at the YMCA, in Coleridge Road, from Monday to February 22.
Youngsters can practise their skills on their scooters, skateboards and BMXs during a number of sessions across the five days.
The group plans to try more new locations during the May and October half-term breaks.
Organisers have hosted six events at the Tropicana, attended Uphill and Worlebury school fetes, supported the Cheddar pump track fundraising event and refurbished The Campus skatepark and BMX track.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Skyme, from the Transend Skatepark team, said: "Our roots are all about engaging with the community, which is what our new location will allow us to do.
"The Tropicana were amazing, but we felt now is the time to change and meet different communities."
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week