Samaritans launch Talk to Us campaign
- Credit: Weston Samaritans
Weston Samaritans will commemorate July 24 to showcase their 24-hour, seven-days-a-week service.
The Weston Samaritans has announced its ‘Talk to Us’ campaign, which will seek to spread awareness of its services.
The charity’s round-the-clock service has been invaluable to many throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
Weston Samaritans annually take 15,000 calls from those in need.
Branch director Paul Slade said: “Our volunteers have been there day and night for people who are struggling through these uncertain and challenging times.
“Lockdown restrictions have had a huge impact on many people, and our listeners have been a much-needed source of support for those whose networks have not been available during the pandemic.
“Our outreach work and most of our fundraising activities remain on hold until further notice, but we hope that the public can continue to support us in any way they can to ensure that our volunteers can continue to be there for anyone finding it difficult to cope.”
- 1 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 2 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 3 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
The Samaritans will mark July 24 to spread their message, with this date signalling 24/7 to represent their 24-hour, seven-days-a-week service.
To get in touch with the charity, for free, ring 116 123 or email email@example.com.