Youth exchange students visit West Country
- Credit: Cheddar Vale Lions
Students from Europe have been hosted in the West Country courtesy of two Somerset Lions clubs.
Cheddar Vale Lions teamed up with its Radstock and Midsomer Norton counterparts to house three teenagers in a youth exchange programme.
Mette from Denmark, Emir from Turkey and Josip from Croatia spent part of the summer in Somerset and visited Wells during their stay.
A Cheddar Lions spokesman said: "They enjoyed a varied programme of visits and events during their stay.
"Climbing Glastonbury Tor, viewing Weston's sand sculptures, city tours of Bristol and Bath, sampling Cheddar cheese, and playing pub skittles will be among the many memories the three students will take home with them.
You may also want to watch:
"After their week in Somerset, Mette, Emir and Josip travelled to Doncaster to join other exchange students from many parts of the world for the Lions International Youth Camp."
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity