Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- Credit: Shane Dean
Students and teachers were overjoyed by free curry and rice delivered by an Indian restaurant to their school.
Pappadom's Indian in Milton Road has been delivering free food for staff and critical workers during the national lockdown.
It has also delivered curries to more than 30 schools in the area.
Pappadoms asked parents to nominate their school, which parents did in big numbers across the community.
The takeaway also gave food to other schools across the town including Priory Community School Academy.
Delighted Worle Community School Academy students and staff tucked into the delicious meals at lunchtime on Monday.
Children of key workers are currently in school during the lockdown.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
To show their appreciation year seven students made a thank you card which will be sent to the restaurant.
Principal Jacqui Scott said: “We want to thank Pappadoms for this amazingly generous offer.
"Our students and staff were absolutely thrilled with the delivery.”